This is an interesting take away from the 2012 HBR article The New Science of Building Great Teams by Alex “Sandy” Pentland
5 Defining Characteristics of Successful Teams
1. Everyone on the team talks and listens in
roughly equal measure, keeping contributions short and sweet.
2. Members face one another, and their conversations and gestures are energetic.
3. Members connect directly with one another— not just with the team leader.
4. Members carry on backchannel or side conversations within the team.
5. Members periodically break, go exploring out- side the team, and bring information back.
- HBR Article: The New Science of Building Great Teams by Alex “Sandy” Pentland
- More articles related to people skills and teams: Teams, People
- My People shelf on GoodReads with more books about people skills: People