How can we ensure that a meeting reaches its goal? Here are 5 questions you should ask your stakeholders before the meeting starts.
Prepare your Meeting with these 5 Questions
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance – (multiple sources possible)
If we want to moderate or facilitate a successful meeting, preparation is critical. The 7 Ps framework and the 5 core principles can help us. Both mention the participants and their engagement. To involve your stakeholders in the preparation phase before your meeting actually takes places can have a highly positive impact on the outcome.
Here are 5 Questions you can ask your stakeholders before the meeting (or at the beginning):
- By the end of the meeting, what is the best outcome you´d hope for?
- What are the Business Objectives this meeting must serve?
- Imagine the meeting has been wildly successful, what will have changed for the better?
- Suppose we look at the meeting as a step in a lager initiative, what´s the ultimate goal?
- Is there anything else you´d like the meeting to achieve?
- Serious Work: How to Facilitate Lego(r) Serious Play(r) Meetings and Workshops by Sean Blair, Marko Rillo