Method Tip! Don´t know how to start on a project? Need to plan an event? Got Stuck? Use the 7 Ps Framework to get things going. A simple but helpful thinking tool.
Don´t know how to start? Use the 7 Ps to get going!
As far as I know this method was initially meant to prepare meetings, events, trainings. I personally like to use it also as a starting point for all other sorts of activities. If I´m stuck or can´t figure out how to start I use the 7 Ps to think it through and to get going.
Here are the 7 Ps
- Why are we having this Meeting?
- What specific artefact will we produce out of the meeting?
- What will it do, and how will it support the purpose?
- Who needs to be there, and what role will they play?
- What questions are we answering with this meeting?
- Who are the right people to answer the questions?
- What agenda will these people use to create the product?
- Collaborate in advance with the attendees!
- Co-design the agenda!
- What are the risks in this meeting, and how will we address them?
- These could be as simple as ground rules, such as “no laptops”, or topics out of scope.
- What would be useful to do in advance?
- Material to read, research, homework, …?
- Logistics: where, when, lunch, breaks, …
- What else?
If you want to know more about the 7 Ps, here are some blog articles about the framework:
May the focus be with you!
You liked that review!?
Help others to find it too and share before you leave 😉 … Thx!
(MindMap created with MindNode)